Learning facilitated by technology is one way to define digital education. At Saint Mary's digital education can be considered a learning space
- to experiment with new teaching pedagogies using technology in the classroom
- to control the pace, place, or time for learning
- to facilitate deeper learning through reflection and shared activities
- to increase learning engagement through asynchronous discussion and live virtual sessions
- to provide instant access to learning content and activities for collaboration and co-creating knowledge
The Teaching Studio
Wanting to try a new method of teaching without a classroom of students?
Talk with us about using our teaching studio classroom (formerly known as the Demo Classroom).
Contact the Studio to work with an Educational Developer or to book the space.
Web Course Development
With over 20 years experience, Saint Mary's team of educators deeply understand the nuances and best practices for teaching with technology and in an online environment. Whether it is designing learning activities using technology for a classroom-based course, using a web-based tools from publishers, or developing a fully online course, our educators have the experience to guide you with designing and developing your curriculum and learning space.
Talk to us about teaching in an online learning space to learn about specific methodologies and teaching practices that are evidence-based, collaborative, and interactive.
The Software and Application Support (SAS) Centre and Media Suite have staff to assist you with learning software, devices, classroom technologies and equipment loans.
Contact the SAS: