The Discussions tool can be used for online discussions between you and your students or between groups of students. After setting up a discussion forum, you can create individual topics within the forum for discussion. Students can post messages in a threaded discussion. Students can also attach documents to their messages.
- Click on the Course Title to enter the course.
- Click on the Discussions link in the Nav bar.
- Click New Forum to create a heading for the topics.
- Enter a title (e.g. Class Discussions) and click Save.
- Click New Topic.
- Choose the forum under which it will appear and enter a title for your topic.
- In the description, enter text explaining to the students what the discussion area will be used for or post your starting question that will begin the discussion.
- Click Save.
- Click Forums & Topics List to return to the main discussions screen. To read the postings, click on the title of your topic.