- Open the document that you wish to format.
- Scroll down to the page where you would like page numbers to begin, or change.
- Place the cursor where you would like the previous section to end, and the new section to begin.
- Select the Layout toolbar (top-left), then click on the Break drop-down menu (top-left). Click on Continuous.
- Double-click near the top of the page to open the Header toolbar. Confirm that the current page says “Header -Section X-” and “Same as Previous” near the top, where X is a different number than is listed on previous pages.
- Deselect Link to Previous, in the Navigation portion of the Header toolbar (top). “Same as Previous” should disappear.
- Add your page numbers, as usual. In the Page Number drop-down menu (top-left), click on Format Page Numbers.
- Select Start at, and choose a number for the first page of this section. Click on OK.
- All done! This can be repeated for any number of sections in a document.