- In Brightspace, click on the course that you want to work with.
- Click on the Assessments drop-down menu (top), and select Quizzes.
- Click on New Quiz (top-left).
- On this page you can define the Quiz name and information, as well as optional support features, such as disabling right-clicks, etc., then click on Save and Close (bottom).
Optional: browse through the other options tabs (Restrictions, Objectives, etc., at the top) for greater functionality (see FAQ Create a Quiz for more details).
- Click on the Quiz that you've created.
- Click on Add/Edit Questions (centre).
- Click on the New drop-down menu (top-left), and select Random Section.
- Give the section a name, and any relevant information, and click on Save.
- Click on the Random Section you've created.
- Click on Import (top-left).
- Select the Source Section from the Question Database, then choose the desired questions to add to the Random Section. Click on Save (bottom).
- Define the number of questions per attempt, and the point values for each. Click on Save (top-left), and then Done Editing Questions (top-right).
Optional: To make the answers for a question appear in a random order, click on the small arrow next to the question name, and select Edit. Here, check the 'Randomise options' box, and click on Save. Repeat, as desired, for a set of questions.
- Review the Section/Question order, assign a number for Questions Per Page, and click on Save and Close.
- All done! Remember to activate a Quiz in the Restrictions tab, otherwise it is not accessible to students.