Teaching students the fundamentals of writing, this course concentrates on areas that will prepare the students to:
- become familiar with and to use the various resources available to writers
- approach writing as a process that requires planning, researching, formulating, drafting and revising
- understand basic writing skills
- consider purpose, tone and audience when writing
Please note that class dates and times may be subject to change.
- The Writer's Tools
- Sentence and Paragraph Structure
- Punctuation and Mechanics
- The Essay
Instead of assigning one specific text, participants will draw upon various writing resources that will be identified during the first class.
Course Date: Jan. 8 - Apr. 6
Instructor: Jennifer Greer
Course Fee: $395