Get a head start on university now. Meet students like you, and make friends.
Registration: $200.00, including all meals, supplies, and taxes. Students also receive a comprehensive writing guide and writing manual.
Writing at a university level is demanding, whether it is for Business, Arts, or Science. The Summer Writing Workshop provides you with an opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge required.
You will work in small groups with trained instructors who will give you personal attention and immediate feedback on the types of writing you will encounter during your university career. The workshop will provide you with the edge needed to succeed in your first university year and beyond.
If you have difficulty with academic writing, this workshop will provide you with improved academic skills.
The workshop is open to all students attending any university.
- Two days of classroom instruction
- Extensive writing resource materials
- Panel discussion with Saint Mary’s professors
- Individualized feedback
- Residence packages available
Only bring a laptop if required as a learning aid.
Examples of workshops offered:
- Business writing and communication
- Analytical and critical thinking
- How to avoid plagiarism
- Attend a lecture given by a university professor
- How listen to a lecture and to take effective class notes
- Proofreading and editing your own work
- Constructing a university paper
- Writing science lab reports
- Grammar – the root of all good writing
Benefits of the workshop:
- Improve your academic skills
- Learn clear, effective writing
- Meet other students before starting school
- Meet professors and service staff
- Understand what your professors are looking for and understand their expectations before you have to hand in assignments
- Get feedback on your writing
- Take away a collection of vital writing resources and tools
Register online or by phone or for more information, call 902-491-6202.
- Dates:August 15 & 16, 2017
- Time:9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Cost:$200 (taxes included, meals, and all materials) (without residence)
$240 (with single residence, per person; double residence available)
Please note: it is possible to stay an extra night or two in residence. Ask for details!
Please register by Friday, August 11, 2017
When registering, please indicate whether you will require any extra nights stay in residence.