Educational Leadership Award
The Dr. Geraldine Thomas Award was established in 2007 to recognize and honor Dr. Geraldine Thomas’ longstanding commitment to teaching, learning and educational leadership.
Individuals nominated for this award must demonstrate leadership among faculty colleagues in developing institutional structures and processes. They must also pursue activities that help foster teaching excellence at Saint Mary’s University.
For example, nominees may have:
- Contributed to Saint Mary’s ongoing efforts to improve quality of instruction
- Mentored colleagues (either formally or informally) to improve their teaching
- Organized or participated actively in workshops, symposia, or conferences on university instruction
- Created innovation in teaching approaches, developing pedagogical materials, learning evaluation and / or developed a scholarly approach to teaching and learning.
- The award is open to full or part-time faculty members who have completed at least five years of teaching service at Saint Mary’s.
- Chairs of departments are eligible, as are recipients of awards for teaching.
- Previous candidates must be re-nominated. If the nomination was in the previous 18 months, simply update the originally-submitted documentation
- Previous recipients of the Educational Leadership award are not eligible for nomination. Academic administrators, such as Presidents, Vice-Presidents and Deans are also ineligible.
Candidates for the award must be nominated by a currently serving faculty colleague (full or part-time) or an academic administrator. Candidates can be co-nominated by faculty colleagues (full or part-time), academic administrators, or members from the community with personal experience of the candidate’s activities. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Complete the Dr. Geraldine Thomas Educational Leadership Award Nomination Form. These forms should be submitted to The Studio by the end of February each year. Written documentation in support of the nomination should be submitted by the end of March.
For further information, contact The Studio at firstname.lastname@example.org.